W.I.P. FBSL Compiler

(Topics Related to FBSL)

W.I.P. FBSL Compiler

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:19 pm

Hello community,

The new work-in-progress FBSL executable compiler does exactly what it says on its tabs. It is going to replace the simplistic Fbsl2Exe.fbs script that now comes in the FBSL RC distros as a stand-alone compiler facility and part of Eclecta's intrinsic functionality.

Its main distinguishing feature is its ability to interactively precompile virtually any type of Windows resources into the resultant executable file. It can also clean and prettify the script buffer much better than FBSL's built-in Purify() function:
  • it can detect and optionally remove unused variables, UDT and class definitions, and procedures;
  • it allows DynC blocks of code to preserve the usual #include directives intact at compile time. Unused C preprocessor data will be removed from the resultant script buffer automatically.
Below is a snapshot of the compiler's main tab at work under my favorite XP theme "Blade" and also in an aero mode under Windows 7.

FBSLC.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Re: W.I.P. FBSL Compiler

Unread postby Gerome » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:28 am

Huge and very promising enhancement Mike! :)
Thanks alot :)
Yours,

(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
:: Full SETUP w. HELP 05th of December 2011 ::
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3.exe [full v3.4.10 installation pack]
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3bin.zip [minimal upgrade to v3.4.10]
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:00 am

looks awasome as always Mike
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
Your only limit : Your imagination

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Chris 1 (Corei5-4460S 2.9 GHZ w/ 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 745 w/ 4GB VRAM, Windows 8 x64 Fr)
Chris 2 (2.0GHz AMD Atlon 64 X2 3800+ w/ 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600GT w/ 1GB VRAM, Windows 7 x64 Fr)
Chris 3 (Tablet pc : ASUS Transformer Book T100)
Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:50 pm

Hehe guys,

The work turns out to be more laborious than I expected. The compiler won't write any intermediate data anywhere on the hard disk; everything will be done strictly in memory. And it will be completely standalone as far as its functionality is concerned. ;)

Yet it baffles me why noone has made it before? The instruments have all been there in FBSL and Windows SDK all that time, and no special hacking nor wizardry were ever needed...

Some more screenies for your enjoyment. Looks like a Christmas tree -- in the "best" traditions of linuxoid GNU GPL pop art: :D

Comp.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:04 am

My dear friends,

This is to notify you that I'm still alive and kicking and working actively on this very important project. Please see some new snapshots below to prove my statement.

It was only natural that, as I progressed and new features were being added to the existing and new tabs, the GUI started to acquire some traits of the Code::Blocks IDE that we've been using to compile the FBSL sources with for countless years. So, I thought it only reasonable that the new compiler should bear some similar name and that it should reflect my somewhat ironic attitude to the canons of Linuxoid GUI building and also to certain representatives of the notorious GNU GPL religion (which I strongly disapprove of personally) who tend to vigorously and persistently break the very rules they keep on preaching to others. ;)

So far my choice fell on Cold::Rocks as the most neutral name I could come up with that would yet be consonant with the original Code::Blocks. My other options were Goldie::Locks and Code::Sucks but I found them too defiant. I'm still open to other suggestions that may appear to be better than mine; please do not hesitate to post them here if you happen to think up anything at all. :)

Of course the GUI also features my usual very heavily customized message boxes and some animation in the application's About box which regretfully cannot be adequately expressed here.

The license that I'm planning to release this application under reads currently as follows:

This application is FREEWARE. The source code of its front-end is hereby placed in
the Public Domain and is freely downloadable from http://www.fbsl.net/phpbb2/.
This application and the said source code are provided AS-IS without any liability
whatsoever on behalf of their author(s) for the performance of this application or
its fitness for a particular purpose. Credits to the author(s) would be appreciated
though not required.

The techniques used in this application to launch its payloads, ResHacker.exe and
Upx.exe, could however be easily modifiable for use by virus writers for potentially
malicious activities beyond the intended scope and purposes of this application.

In order to preclude such illegalities, and also following the general policy of the
authors of this application's payloads as previously stated and quoted herein on
the preceding tab(s), the source code of the respective program launchers, as
well as the archived payload resources proper as embedded in this application,
will not be made available under any circumstances other than as an integral part
of this application. Any inquiries in this regard, either public or private, will be
invariably rejected.

ColdRocks!.PNG

ResourceTabs.PNG
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Gerome » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:37 pm

Dear Mike,

I just fall in love with this compiler! :) :) :) :bayan: :cook: :spin:
Yours,

(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
:: Full SETUP w. HELP 05th of December 2011 ::
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3.exe [full v3.4.10 installation pack]
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3bin.zip [minimal upgrade to v3.4.10]
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby mclout99 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Where or when can I get a copy? Would like to see it in action.
mclout99
FBSL tiny seed
FBSL tiny seed

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:03 am

Temporary slowdown in FBSL development is a direct consequence of general lack of public interest in BASIC as a programming language. I haven't dropped FBSL support altogether although I do devote much more of my time to coding in the language these days rather than fixing/extending the language itself. I guess this is what you may call "a spell of creative stagnation" in my dev work. I hope you see what I mean.

I was planning to release Cold::Rocks as soon as it was ready but I put my activities on hold about a couple months ago. As things stand now, Cold::Rocks is likely to appear in the FBSL v3.5 Final release omitting the beta testing stage altogether. All of its functionality has been prototyped and alpha tested but haven't yet been stitched entirely into a self-contained final product. I would estimate the project to be about 70% complete. So, assuming mclout inherits from McLeod, you still have a chance to see it in action at some future point in time. :)
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Aurel Zlatko » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:11 am

Hi Mike
Cold::Rocks sounds funny & interesting :D
Aurel Zlatko
FBSL tiny seed
FBSL tiny seed

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi Zlatko,

Yes, I have a similar feeling towards this project even at its currently suspended state. I'm hoping for another spell of inspiration to have it completed despite the overall recession of interest in FBSL and other BASIC dialects.
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Return to FBSL v3 Discussion Board