With/End With in FBSL v3.5

(Vital Data and New Beta Release Info)

With/End With in FBSL v3.5

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:22 pm

I've been fond of the With/End With construct ever since my very first, green years in VB6. So fond of it that in fact, it was probably the first feature that I authored personally in BCX almost a decade ago. It's still there though my name is long gone from the official BCX chronicles... :winkwink:

So now With/End With is an intrinsic feature of FBSL v3.5:
WithEndWith.PNG
WithEndWith.PNG (36.81 KiB) Viewed 1359 times

Notes:

1. 'Long' and 'Boolean' are not new basic data types in FBSL v3.5. Both of them evaluate internally to FBSL's original 'Integer' and have been added as aliases for better compatibility between VB6/VBA/VBS and FBSL scripts to make porting still easier.

2. In FBSL, the dot and arrow notations of UDT fields and class methods and properties are interchangeable and intermixable. FBSL's With/End With blocks support both of them in any combination.

3. Similar to their VB counterparts, FBSL's With/End With blocks cannot be nested. The maximum number of fields supported in a dotted name is 64, each field being up to 128 characters long.
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Re: With/End With in FBSL v3.5

Unread postby Gerome » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 am

Dear Mike,
I remember well those hardcore BCX times, thanks to those squared heads we had turned to our proper language visions and I am very proud of this With End With construct, big thanks my friend, you are brilliant :bayan:
Yours,

(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
:: Full SETUP w. HELP 05th of December 2011 ::
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3.exe [full v3.4.10 installation pack]
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3bin.zip [minimal upgrade to v3.4.10]
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Re: With/End With in FBSL v3.5

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:05 pm

awasome addition like always mike :p
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
Your only limit : Your imagination

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Chris 1 (Corei5-4460S 2.9 GHZ w/ 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 745 w/ 4GB VRAM, Windows 8 x64 Fr)
Chris 2 (2.0GHz AMD Atlon 64 X2 3800+ w/ 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600GT w/ 1GB VRAM, Windows 7 x64 Fr)
Chris 3 (Tablet pc : ASUS Transformer Book T100)
Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Return to FBSL v3 News