Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta

(Vital Data and New Beta Release Info)

Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Ladies and gentlemen,

On behalf of monsieur Gerome GUILLEMIN and the entire Fbsl Dev Team, I'm proud to present the long-awaited Beta release of FBSL v3.5 for public evaluation and testing.

Please do not hesitate to publish your opinions and report possible bugs and issues here in this thread. The Fbsl Dev Team will address and hopefully correct them in the future release of FBSL v3.5 Final.

Thanks for your interest and unfathomable patience, :)

[EDIT October 4, 2013] Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta has just been removed after nearly 200 downloads. Thanks to everybody who took their time to test this preliminary build and supplied us with very valuable feedback. A new, fuller package is now available for download here.
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Re: Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Mike can you make a build with the rcdata id 256 (#Uses "@|WIN32"), i can't test my apps with the current exe
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
Your only limit : Your imagination

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Chris 1 (Corei5-4460S 2.9 GHZ w/ 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 745 w/ 4GB VRAM, Windows 8 x64 Fr)
Chris 2 (2.0GHz AMD Atlon 64 X2 3800+ w/ 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600GT w/ 1GB VRAM, Windows 7 x64 Fr)
Chris 3 (Tablet pc : ASUS Transformer Book T100)
Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Gerome » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Codeman wrote:Mike can you make a build with the rcdata id 256 (#Uses "@|WIN32"), i can't test my apps with the current exe

Chris,

Simply, remove all of your :
Code: Select all
#Uses "@|WIN32"

and replace them by :
Code: Select all
#include <include/windows.inc>
Yours,

(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
:: Full SETUP w. HELP 05th of December 2011 ::
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3.exe [full v3.4.10 installation pack]
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3bin.zip [minimal upgrade to v3.4.10]
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:25 pm

j'y avais pensé mais ca crash mon moteur :
fenetre console grisée et la fenetre de plantage windows :/

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Chris 1 (Corei5-4460S 2.9 GHZ w/ 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 745 w/ 4GB VRAM, Windows 8 x64 Fr)
Chris 2 (2.0GHz AMD Atlon 64 X2 3800+ w/ 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600GT w/ 1GB VRAM, Windows 7 x64 Fr)
Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm

@Gerome:

No Gerome, not so simple. Please see the General.txt instructions in the \Readme subfolder of the archive. It contains the entire procedure of how to make your older #Uses "@|WIN32" scripts compatible with FBSL v3.5. It's not very complicated but it should be followed in its entirety.

It is also an explanation why some scripts which contain other #Uses "@|BLABLABLA" references cannot be made compatible with Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta and how this will be cured in FBSL v3.5 Final.

@Codeman:

1. Chris, please give me a single grounded reason why I should make an unofficial compilation especially for you? RCDATA ID 256 is gone from FBSL for good starting with v3.5 and this is a sure and well-weighted reality.

2. Have you read the General.txt instructions in the \Readme subfolder yourself? I remember you've been ignoring FbslAsm.chm for at least two months after its first official release. Aren't you doing the same with the Beta readmes?

3. You don't have to use a public forum to make personal requests. I will not publish here any private builds which contradict the official development policy of FBSL v3. Please PM me and give me your reasons for your request. I'm sure I will be able to help you without any unofficial palliations.
Mike
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:48 pm

actually nearly all scripts with gui won't be working, kind of anoying if all fbsl users do the same as me ^^.
i noticed the missing rcdata and tried with the incude directly (in notepad as fbsl editor don't load too ) but no luck.
no problem for me for the rcdata removal but we will need to check every distro script that use the #use win32 statement.

just forget for the rcdata version if you think it is not a priority, i will keep testing the actual alpha.

keep up the good work !

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Codeman wrote:j'y avais pensé mais ca crash mon moteur :
fenetre console grisée et la fenetre de plantage windows :/

You don't need to "penser", you need to "travailler":
1. remove #Uses "@|WIN32";
2. add #Include <Include/Windows.inc>;
3. remove all #DllDeclare's and #DllImports which relate to Kernel32.dll and User32.dll functions -- they are all imported automatically into any script at app start;
4. add "Fbsl.xxxxx" prefixes in your script to all pure FBSL functions whose names are the same as the names of the Kernel32.dll and/or User32.dll functions but which have a different number/order/type of parameters. Otherwise, the DLL functions shadow FBSL's intrinsic functions and the application may crash. Such functions are e.g.:
-- GetClientRect() with 2 parameters and Fbsl.GetClientRect() with 5 parameters;
-- SetTimer() with 4 parameters and Fbsl.SetTimer() with 3 parameters;
-- DefWindowProc() with 4 parameters and Fbsl.DefWindowProc() with 0 parameters;
-- etc. etc. etc.
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:53 pm

"3. remove all #DllDeclare's and #DllImports which relate to Kernel32.dll and User32.dll functions -- they are all imported automatically into any script at app start;"
could be the cause of my problem, i remenber that i cannot use
"#DllImports Kernel32" on my pc or it make the app crash directly on windows7x64, will investigate this , thanks for advice mike

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:59 pm

The actual Alpha is a piece of shit as compared to Beta -- bad, buggy, and bloated. That's why I deleted the Alpha package from the forum in January 2013.

I always told you that brute-force LibPatching is a bad hack which spoils the integrity of a Windows executable's header. The time has come to get rid of bad habits even if it'll cost me the time to convert all the 400 distro sample scripts and another 100 full-sized scripts of my own, all on my own.

FBSL should be clean and crystal clear to PE loaders and AV software which report crooked FBSL executable headers by false positives every now and then. It plainly counter-advertizes FBSL as a marketable product.
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Codeman wrote:could be the cause of my problem, i remenber that i cannot use "#DllImports Kernel32" on my pc or it make the app crash directly on windows7x64, will investigate this , thanks for advice mike

1. Can I have your exact script to analyse this behavior? Perhaps privately via a PM?

2. Have you checked all your intrinsic functions as per item 4 of the same message which you quote?

3. Do ANY ONE of your GUI scripts work correctly with Beta after all the changes I suggested or do ALL OF THEM crash, even the simplest "Hello World"?

My 64-bit Win'7 works perfectly well with Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta.
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:06 pm

not yet finished , i am doing it actually to test every possibility one by one and check where the crash came from, also 17000 lines of code will take some time to fix lol

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Codeman wrote:not yet finished , i am doing it actually to test every possibility one by one and check where the crash came from, also 17000 lines of code will take some time to fix lol

Please start with simple scripts and let me know if ANY ONE OF THEM works as expected on your PC. Do the sample scripts from the Beta archive work correctly for you?
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:11 pm

yes every scripts from the beta folder do work

edit :
found one that crash now (was working the first time i used it
Testdync6.fbs -> could not compile dync code line 583 witch is : End Dync.

strange, i will test it on my other pc to check

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Then IMHO your crash is your own fault. Why don't you want me to have a look at your 17,000-line monster with a fresh eye? I promise I won't mock this time... :winkwink: I'm just trying to help... :)
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Codeman wrote:found one that crash now (was working the first time i used it
Testdync6.fbs -> could not compile dync code line 583 witch is : End Dync.

Add #AppType Console to the script to see DynC's native error with its own line number and let me know what you see. DynC doesn't show up an error console automatically at compile time like a native FBSL error does.
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Next

Return to FBSL v3 News