Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta

(Vital Data and New Beta Release Info)

Re: Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta

Unread postby bugmagnet » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:20 am

patching the original binaries' headers forcibly to the Win32 console subsystem yourself with whatever exe patcher you use is detrimental to FBSL. You do it exclusively at your own risk and the dev team cannot be held responsible for such activities should any Windows program launcher or AV problems arise for the end-users of your scripts and compiled executables.

Eek!

(Sounds of car doing high speed 180 degree turn).
bugmagnet
FBSL geek
FBSL geek

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:23 pm

Can't help some showing off or even a little boasting: a soon-to-come new Eclecta will be able to not only automatically format and indent pure FBSL code, but it would also be able to cleanly parse, format and indent its DynAsm blocks and C-scripted routines. In fact, the following screenie shows how FBSL's own source code would look if it were automatically formatted and indented in Eclecta: :D

IndentC.PNG
IndentC.PNG (82.42 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Gerome » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Wowowowow!!
Bells and whistles for Eclecta!! :) :) :) :sunny:
Yours,

(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
:: Full SETUP w. HELP 05th of December 2011 ::
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3.exe [full v3.4.10 installation pack]
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3bin.zip [minimal upgrade to v3.4.10]
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 pm

looks awasome mike :p
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
Your only limit : Your imagination

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Chris 1 (Corei5-4460S 2.9 GHZ w/ 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 745 w/ 4GB VRAM, Windows 8 x64 Fr)
Chris 2 (2.0GHz AMD Atlon 64 X2 3800+ w/ 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600GT w/ 1GB VRAM, Windows 7 x64 Fr)
Chris 3 (Tablet pc : ASUS Transformer Book T100)
Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby bugmagnet » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:41 pm

Hours, weeks or months away? either way very impressive
bugmagnet
FBSL geek
FBSL geek

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks friends,

It's really very flattering to hear. :D

@bugmagnet:

Eclecta is eight years old now. It's always been and will remain to be open-source all the way through and many of its features have been implemented by, or with the assistance of, the FBSL forum members. Many of them are already gone but Eclecta stays and frankly, it is the only editor I've ever used for developing FBSL scripts.

There are about two dozens additional features in it, either big and small, which I've always wanted to add. There are also some more which I could add but didn't because I consider Eclecta's concept a little out of date and too simplistic for them. Anyway, Eclecta is already substantially smarter than she (Eclecta is feminine) was before.

It took me about 2 weeks of deep concentration to get this version up and running. I hope you will like it and perhaps somebody else will add their efforts someday to make it still more efficient and user-friendly. There are no limits to perfection. :)
Mike
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby bugmagnet » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:02 am

Mike

I need help with making Eclecta run under v3.5Beta.

I've commented out the #uses "@|WIN32" and have commented out the #DllDeclare declarations around line 65. I've inserted #Include <Include/Windows.inc>
just below the #Option Strict.

What else needs to be done? At the moment, when I do 'FBSL Eclecta.fbs' or just 'Eclecta.fbs' (letting the FTYPE/ASSOC mechanism do its thing), nothing appears to happen apart from a brief flicker of FBSL.EXE loading and unloading.

Kind regards,
Bruce
bugmagnet
FBSL geek
FBSL geek

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 am

Hi Bruce,

No, this alone wouldn't work with such a complex script as Eclecta. There are also conflicts between the FBSL vocabulary with its pseudo-WinAPI functions which have the same names as the WinAPI's but different parameters. Such FBSL functions get shadowed by their WinAPI originals imported from the default DLL's which v3.5 loads at app start. The same also happens with the defines imported from Windows.inc which is infinitely richer than the constants lists implanted in a pre-v3.5 Fbsl.exe.

What I really meant was as follows. Please dowload a copy of full official FBSL v3.4.10 distro from the link in Gerome's forum signature. Let it install on your computer. Now you are able to compile any FBSL script from the popup menu on right-clicking the script icon. Go to the \Samples\GUI\IDE_FULL subfolder in the FBSL installation; that's where the Eclecta script resides. Right-click on its icon and compile it to a full executable rather than a tiny one which would depend on the old Fbsl.dll.

Now you can move Eclecta.exe to any subfolder of your choice together with its INI file and \Res subfolder that stores Eclecta's bitmaps. Create a shortcut on your desktop and use this "standalone" Eclecta to edit your v3.5 scripts. Do not use "Edit script" from the right-click menu any more because it launches on default a scripted copy of Eclecta which would depend on the old pre-v3.5 Fbsl.exe to run. Overwrite the old copy of Fbsl.exe with Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta and the old FbslAsm.chm with the new one from the Beta archive. Go to Eclecta's Tools->Code Editor Options...->Environment dialog tab and set up your actual paths to Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta and Fbslv3.chm. You're ready to design and run your v3.5 scripts now.

Please note that you cannot yet compile Beta executables with the old distribution facilities. This option will be available with the new 2exe.fbs script which I'll release shortly together with the new Eclecta, FBSL GUI designer (FMFD) and 2fbs.fbs script.
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby bugmagnet » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:39 am

Okay, done.

Thanks, Mike.

Regards,
Bruce.
bugmagnet
FBSL geek
FBSL geek

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Thu May 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Now, why doesn't anybody ask: if your Dynamic C is so smart then why don't you have an option to also compile your entire scripts into native-code executables storable on disk in an ordinary way? Or can't it do just that?

Well friends, it could. And it could do that very well just like its TCC ancestor can. But to be able to do that in practice, one has also to provide an FBSL-to-C translator that would read in the main script's FBSL code with possible DynAsm and DynC inclusions and emit the corresponding all-C code in memory for Dynamic C to compile it to a Windows executable on disk.

Such a scheme immediately reminds me of the old times at the BCX bazaar, and those noseating reminiscences make me postpone this challenge till some later time when I am old enough to trade my yet-existing adolescent maximalism for the contemplation of advanced age... :)
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby bugmagnet » Fri May 10, 2013 5:47 am

'noseating' or 'nauseating'?
bugmagnet
FBSL geek
FBSL geek

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Fri May 10, 2013 9:54 am

You got me, Bruce! :)

Sure it should've been "nauseating". But it was past two in the morning local time.

Though to think of it, "nose eating" doesn't look too bad either... :)
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon May 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Attention Codeman et al.,

The description of cross product functions in the Matrix Maths layer notes for V2F and V3F UDT's is incorrect. It should read as follows:

Vector2Cross(in/out:@v2f1, in:@v2f2) ' get cross product of two vectors into v2f1
Vector3Cross(in/out:@v3f1, in:@v3f2) ' get cross product of two vectors into v3f1

Sorry for this typo.
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon May 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Dear FBSL users,

Please reload the most recent version of Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta distro from the topic starter message on page 1 of this thread. This version has many bugfixes that will make your work easier. FBSL is now yet more stable and devoid of annoying BSOD's it hasn't been able to intercept before.

I hope you'll enjoy working with the new build of Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta. :yum:
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:19 pm

1. I've added 4 new functions to the FBSL v3.5 simple maths layer:

-- MIN(a, b) - returns the minimum of two values a and b;
-- MIN3(a, b, c) - ditto, three values a, b and c;
-- MAX(a, b) - returns the maximum of two values a and b;
-- MAX3(a, b, c) - ditto, three values a, b and c.

All the functions accept Integer, Single and Double arguments. All the functions return the appropriate value converted to a Double.

2. I've also fixed a very nasty bug in the VECTOR3CROSS() function of FBSL v3.5 matrix maths layer. I apologize for any inconvenience this bug may have previously caused.

A new build of Fbsl.exe v3.5 Beta package will be uploaded to the topic starter message at page 1 in this thread later on tonight.
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to FBSL v3 News