Download FBSL v3.5 Release Candidate & Utilities Here!

(Vital Data and New Beta Release Info)

Download FBSL v3.5 Release Candidate & Utilities Here!

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Dear FBSL users,

I'm proud to present a new FBSL v3.5 Release Candidate package now available for public download.

The package contains:

1. Fbsl.exe, Fbsl_Tiny.exe, Fbsl.dll binaries
2. FbslAsm.chm and FbslC.chm manuals
3. Eclecta v1.1.5 for FBSL v3.5 sources and executable
4. New Eclecta.chm manual
4. Fbsl Mini Form Designer (FMFD) for FBSL v3.5 sources and executable
5. Some DynAsm and DynC scripts with modern syntax to exemplify assembly and C usage in FBSL v3.5
6. Updated include files for use with FBSL v3.5 BASIC and Dynamic C
7. 2exe.fbs and 2fbs.fbs compilation and decompilation utility scripts
8. FBSL v3.5 RC.pdf manual with installation instructions and detailed new language feature descriptions

Please be sure to strictly follow the installation instructions and replace all of the existing Beta files with the new files from the Release Candidate package. The key binary, source, and .INI files have been updated in very many ways and the Release Candidate is likely to fail if not installed in its entirety. Attention Mr. Christophe Herblot: this request particularly concerns you and please read all the manuals carefully before employing new language features in your own code. :)

The intended functionality of FBSL as a language in the v3.5 Release Candidate package is complete and is unlikely to change in the upcoming Final distribution. This package will be available for download until I have a new FBSL v3.5 Reference Manual completed and sample scripts revised, sorted out, and updated to reflect modern language features. This may take as long as another two months or so.

The Release Candidate binaries may still be not fully debugged yet. Please feel free to report any glitches you may encounter to the FBSL Development Team in this thread for us to be able to fix them before the Final release is due.

Thank you for choosing FBSL v3.5 as the language of your preference!

[EDIT] Please follow this link for your copy of FBSL v3.5 Release Candidate 2.

On behalf of FBSL Development Team, :noel:
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Re: Download FBSL v3.5 Release Candidate & Utilities Here!

Unread postby Codeman » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 pm

thanks mike ;op

seems i i an error running my old xan mod tool :
"error &h30 : ')' is not found at line 390 but checked the include file and there is no missing one :/
i will investigate it before confirmation.
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
Your only limit : Your imagination

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Chris 1 (Corei5-4460S 2.9 GHZ w/ 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 745 w/ 4GB VRAM, Windows 8 x64 Fr)
Chris 2 (2.0GHz AMD Atlon 64 X2 3800+ w/ 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600GT w/ 1GB VRAM, Windows 7 x64 Fr)
Chris 3 (Tablet pc : ASUS Transformer Book T100)
Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Chris,

Does rearranging the order of your includes help? v3.5 RC has slightly different script memory management. I remember I had to move one of the 44 include files in XANv1.1.06 to get the project compiling.

Otherwise, there may be typos left which Beta didn't intercept. RC is much stronger at error interception. The typo may have occurred somewhere before the actual compile error but the program flow wasn't broken at once but rather went on until it became totally unresolvable. It happens so even in professional C compilers.

Anyway if compilation stops, the error is severe. Ordinarily RC would just warn you allowing the app to be launched until a subsequent run time error breaks execution.

As the last resort, send me your code immediately. You know I can analyse and spot bad FBSL syntax much faster than anyone. :)
Mike
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Gerome » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:12 am

Hello Community !

I want to personally thanks Mike Lobanosky for his indefectible faith in FBSL and this project since we met first time 13 years ago!
This dev team has met several high and low moments, and several depressive moments of my life too, not due to FBSL but to personal 'adventures'.
Thanks to Mike, FBSL has been reinforced into its deepeest roots and has been turned in a powerful massive coding weapon!
Thanks a million for all, you are more a developer and more than a friend Mike, you are the real man that really DID IT for real !!
Yours,

(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
:: Full SETUP w. HELP 05th of December 2011 ::
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3.exe [full v3.4.10 installation pack]
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3bin.zip [minimal upgrade to v3.4.10]
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:23 am

Codeman wrote:"error &h30 : ')' is not found at line 390 but checked the include file and there is no missing one :/

My dear Chris,

Oh my such a dear Chris your are so DEAR to me yes you are!

I made a special request to you. I even typed it in bold red. I pleaded you to read the manuals before you start to :bug:. I pleaded you to install all the new files from the RC package, didn't I? I knew it all oh so well in advance.

Did you read the PDF? Did you install the new Eclecta? Did you set your "MOD TOOL16X.fbs" as the startup script? Did you get it opened in Eclecta? Did you then proceed to line 390 in XANOGLExtensions.inc? Did you see
Code: Select all
SUB glCompressedTexImage1DARB(%target, %level, %internalFormat, %width, %border, %imageSize, %ptrdata)

there? And did you ever wonder why your %level there is so bloody red?

:contract: Did you then rush to search the PDF where you could find a new optional keyword Level there that's mentioned 8 times on pages 8 and 9? No? Why didn't you do that, Chris? :ohmy:

The parser stumbled upon %level which is now a keyword then read one more token after it as it is supposed to. Then it went on to the following line according to the Level-parsing scenario but suddenly remembered it was also supposed to find a closing parenthesis to match the one that was used to open the function parameter list at the beginning of the line. In total confusion, it rightfully decided to report the last error #&H30 it was checking for (your own error, Chris) which literally means "was expecting something but got something else". :bigbang:

You should carefully search your code for many more occurences of Level in this file and replace them with, say, %thelevel. Why do I use highlighting and formatting in my Eclecta and why don't you do the same in yours?

ChrisGF.PNG
ChrisGF.PNG (91.18 KiB) Viewed 2144 times

OK Chris, you've just been away from FBSL too long. Both FBSL and Eclecta are very hard to be fooled now. I'd dare claim that every time they find and report an error now (if not handled or suppressed by modern error trapping, hehe...), that will be your own error and nobody else's. They are much smarter now than they used to be so you may always rely on their, er, superior intelligence.

Enjoy FBSL and happy coding to you! I miss your OpenGL projects and would be glad to see more of them on the forum again.

:noel:
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Stefan Schnell » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Hello Mike,

thank you very much.

To you and Gerome a happy new year, many new ideas for FBSL and the time to realize it.

Cheers
Stefan
Visit my homepage
or meet me at XING or at the SCN
Stefan Schnell
FBSL geek
FBSL geek

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:55 pm

Stefan,

Thank you very much for your congratulations and many happy returns to you too in the coming year!

You can get acquainted with what we're planning for FBSL in the year of 2014 here.

Regards,
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:07 pm

Gerome, my friend,

Thank you for your words of appreciation but let me also stress again that without the effort you and Mehdi were putting into this project for so many years, FBSL would have never become as versatile and mature as it is now. There just wouldn't be such a solid basis in it for almost everything that I managed to contribute on my behalf.

FBSL rocks!

:noel:
Mike

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Return to FBSL v3 News