Eclecta Editor Project Finalized

(Updates to FBSL Editors, RAD and Related Stuff)

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Thank you guys,

I just felt it a little improper not to maintain the code I'd once written. It also gives me some good brain-washing and distracts me from the difficulties of making a living... ;)

So thanks again,

Mike :)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Gerome » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:42 pm

Hello Mike,

Just things nothiced :
If you are using TYPES declares, you have to either prefix your variable names ( %myvar, ... ), then Eclecta will warn : Unexpected '%' at the beginning of the line...

Try this :
Code: Select all
Type RECT
   %Lefti
   %Topi
   %Righti
   %Bottomi
End Type
Yours,

(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
:: Full SETUP w. HELP 05th of December 2011 ::
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3.exe [full v3.4.10 installation pack]
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3bin.zip [minimal upgrade to v3.4.10]
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:48 pm

Yeah I know,

There is one elegant way to avoid this: Lengthi As Integer :D

Seriously, I can either exclude datatype chars from the string of illegal chars or add an InType/OutOfType check (similar to CountBrackets/Braces etc.)

I'll see what can be done best (the second variant, I presume).

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Gerome » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Mike Lobanovsky wrote:Yeah I know,

There is one elegant way to avoid this: Lengthi As Integer :D

Seriously, I can either exclude datatype chars from the string of illegal chars or add an InType/OutOfType check (similar to CountBrackets/Braces etc.)

I'll see what can be done best (the second variant, I presume).

Thanks a lot :)
Yours,

Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:15 pm

Using the InType/OutOfType flag is impossible because the user may just navigate out of type declaration at any time, and making the parser rescan the entire code to check if it's still inside a declaration or already out of it is too complicated and slow for every caret move -- it already has PrintStatus() attached to it.

So I just removed the first-char-on-line check for type declaration characters % $ ! !! @ at the beginning of a line.

I also tidied up the code a little (it became 2KB shorter). Please re-download:
http://www.fbsl.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=6804#6804

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Gerome » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:30 pm

Mike Lobanovsky wrote:Using the InType/OutOfType flag is impossible because the user may just navigate out of type declaration at any time, and making the parser rescan the entire code to check if it's still inside a declaration or already out of it is too complicated and slow for every caret move -- it already has PrintStatus() attached to it.

So I just removed the first-char-on-line check for type declaration characters % $ ! !! @ at the beginning of a line.

I also tidied up the code a little (it became 2KB shorter). Please re-download:
http://www.fbsl.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=6804#6804

Excellent!!!
It works lika a charm!
I've replaced line 6167 :
retvalue = MsgBox(ME, "There are unsaved files open. Do you want to save them?", "Confirm File Save", MB_YESNOCANCEL)

with this one :
retvalue = MsgBox(ME, "There are unsaved files open. Do you want to save them?", "Confirm File Save", MB_YESNOCANCEL BOR MB_ICONQUESTION)

At last, compiled again FBSL Setup with your latest mods!

:)
Yours,

Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:10 pm

really nice mike :p works better than before (no more screen updates bug on mousewheel)

3 things could be cool to add:
- colorising for '//' comments
- and the better (more complicated :D ) intellisense (tooltip) showing the function + params)
- intelliList (listbox) using ctrl + spacebar showing all fbsl core functions in a list

i really think that the codeeditor must be merge in a class for easilly reuse (thinking of fsf)
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
Your only limit : Your imagination

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Chris 1 (Corei5-4460S 2.9 GHZ w/ 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 745 w/ 4GB VRAM, Windows 8 x64 Fr)
Chris 2 (2.0GHz AMD Atlon 64 X2 3800+ w/ 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600GT w/ 1GB VRAM, Windows 7 x64 Fr)
Chris 3 (Tablet pc : ASUS Transformer Book T100)
Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Thinking over my answer to Codeman, I made a horrorful discovery: I don't have my asm source listings for Eclecta any more! I'll have to disassemble MY OWN CODE! :shock:

Or perhaps I sent a copy to someone? I just don't remember... Didn't I send it at least to you, Gerome? It's not that my asm is perfect (it's somewhat hobbyish, is my guess) -- it's that I just don't want to lose time reverse-engineering anything...

Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:40 pm

a workaround could be to verify if "//" is in a string else we replace it by " ' " so it will be right colored and don't need to recode the asm parts... no ?

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Chris 1 (Corei5-4460S 2.9 GHZ w/ 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 745 w/ 4GB VRAM, Windows 8 x64 Fr)
Chris 2 (2.0GHz AMD Atlon 64 X2 3800+ w/ 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600GT w/ 1GB VRAM, Windows 7 x64 Fr)
Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:50 pm

It could but:
1/ I don't like palliation and compromise if I can avoid it.
2/ All parsing is done in asm blocks and is VERY fast, so mixing it up with FBSL parsing will degrade the performance by at least two orders of magnitude. Remember that coloration should be as fast as possible for the end-user not to notice the redraw time overhead, especially on continuos scroll downs and ups.
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Gerome » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:55 pm

Mike Lobanovsky wrote:It could but:
2/ All parsing is done in asm blocks and is VERY fast, so mixing it up with FBSL parsing will degrade the performance by at least two orders of magnitude. Remember that coloration should be as fast as possible for the end-user not to notice the redraw time overhead, especially on continuos scroll downs and ups.

Hehe... i GOT your ASM source!!!
See your PM :)
Yours,

Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:02 pm

i also noticed sometimes when having a window on top of electra and reducing it tht the text return black (something to deal with wm_erasebackgr ,no ?)

another cool thing i am working on is to externalise the compilation part using my 2exe.fbs (i am adding gui part) to compil scripts allowing the user to choose some compilation options like exe name, compression, code optimisations (using apurate), and so on..)
another advantage of doing this s that we could update the res of the compiled exe , changing the exe icon,version infos ,descriptions ect...
(mimics a real compiler :D )

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Codeman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Gerome wrote:
Mike Lobanovsky wrote:It could but:

Hehe... i GOT your ASM source!!!
See your PM :)

hehe gerome hdd never crash :D

FBSL V3 TESTED On :

Codeman
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Gerome » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:03 pm

Codeman wrote:hehe gerome hdd never crash :D

.. Nor any good FBSL setup!
Have a look there : ...\Samples_V3\GUI\ASM\ASM\
and you'll got'em all!
Yours,

Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Codeman wrote:another cool thing i am working on is to externalise the compilation part using my 2exe.fbs (i am adding gui part) to compil scripts allowing the user to choose some compilation options like exe name, compression, code optimisations (using apurate), and so on..)
another advantage of doing this s that we could update the res of the compiled exe , changing the exe icon,version infos ,descriptions ect...
(mimics a real compiler :D )

Very interesting! That's not mimicking, that's real resource handling, but only not at a pre- but at a post-compilation stage. I personally don't care if I handle the resources this or that way.

I'm only doubtful about compression: AFAIR the script stud is inserted already compressed so is there any way to re-compress it EXCEPT that you know the decompilation password or if the source is not password-protected? ;)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to FBSL v3 Editors