Hello I am Goldsmith

(Self-Presentation Section)

Hello I am Goldsmith

Unread postby Goldsmith » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:22 am

Hi all,
I am Goldsmith (Real name is Vinod Kulampallil Chandran). I am from Keralam, India. I love programming. It is my hobby. I am a tv program translator by proffession. I know, VB.Net, AutoIt, Python, FreeBasic and some basics of Free Pascal. I love BASIC dialect. I don't like the languages which has curely braces. I love FBSL. Want to learn it. Hope you guys point me the right direction. Thanks :)
Goldsmith
FBSL tiny seed
FBSL tiny seed

Re: Hello I am Goldsmith

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi Vinod,

Welcome to FBSL! We are glad to see a new face here. There aren't many of them these days either here or on the forums of other BASIC dialects elsewhere. :)

Please tell me which version of Windows you currently prefer to use because this can help us get your copy of FBSL up and running.

Anyway, the first thing you should do is download the installer for FBSL v3.4.10 because the more modern FBSL v3.5 must be installed on top of the older versions of FBSL. You can download it from Gerome's signature everywhere on this forum.

You can start learning FBSL from the example code included with this installation. You can also make use of Beginner's Guide to FBSL written by our forum members.

As soon as you feel more or less familiar with the FBSL basics, we will be ready to proceed with FBSL v3.5 whose BASIC is much more robust than the older versions, and that also carries in it two more languages -- Dynamic C and Dynamic Assembler. These languages help the interpretative BASIC to improve on its time-critical procedures. Or they can also be used exclusively by the user who might wish to write complete applications not in BASIC but rather in ANSI C or Intel-style assembly, respectively.

At any rate please feel free to ask any questions as you're going through. Post them in the Newbies' section of FBSL forum and we'll try to answer them all promptly.
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Re: Hello I am Goldsmith

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:28 pm

This thread has been split to continue on the FBSL Newbie's Board as appropriate for the questions being discussed further along.
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Return to Who Are You?