Yo all, dnsm here

(Self-Presentation Section)

Yo all, dnsm here

Unread postby dnsm » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi, Im dnsm and I'd like to learn FBSL because it seems to be a nice language and pretty easy(?)

BUT, I have 1 problem :cry:

When I start to make someshit and the normal "Hello world"- It doesnt work. When I do everything what I should do,
(Print "Hello World"
Pause)

A window comes up and says "Press ok to continue please" - when I click ok the window closes and nothing happens ;(

Help me guys?

Btw Im 15 years old from Sweden, I know VB.net and a bit Perl & Python.
dnsm
FBSL tiny seed
FBSL tiny seed
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Re: Yo all, dnsm here

Unread postby Cpilot » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Does your code look like this?
Code: Select all
#apptype console
Print "hello world"
pause
User avatar
Cpilot
FBSL geek
FBSL geek
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:12 pm

Re: Yo all, dnsm here

Unread postby Gerome » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Hi boy !
dnsm wrote:Hi, Im dnsm and I'd like to learn FBSL because it seems to be a nice language and pretty easy(?)

BUT, I have 1 problem :cry:

When I start to make someshit and the normal "Hello world"- It doesnt work. When I do everything what I should do,
(Print "Hello World"
Pause)

A window comes up and says "Press ok to continue please" - when I click ok the window closes and nothing happens ;(

Help me guys?

Btw Im 15 years old from Sweden, I know VB.net and a bit Perl & Python.


You're welcome here !
Hope you've installed latest FBSL setup (see the links to my signature below).
Then open a notepad or simply creates a file names test.fbs directly from your favourite file browser.
Edit Test.fbs and type this code :
Code: Select all
#Apptype Console

Print "Hello world !"
Pause


Then save it and double click onto this FBS file and... tadaaaa it must afx a gracious Hello world ! from a Windows console... :)
Yours,

(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
:: Full SETUP w. HELP 05th of December 2011 ::
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3.exe [full v3.4.10 installation pack]
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3bin.zip [minimal upgrade to v3.4.10]
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
User avatar
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator
 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Paris -- France

Re: Yo all, dnsm here

Unread postby dnsm » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:41 pm

Yes I have download the latest :)
Well,

#Apptype Console
Print "Hello"
Pause

This does work, but what I want is that the message comes up in a window, or doesn't that work at all?
dnsm
FBSL tiny seed
FBSL tiny seed
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Re: Yo all, dnsm here

Unread postby Gerome » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:45 pm

dnsm wrote:Yes I have download the latest :)
Well,

#Apptype Console
Print "Hello"
Pause

This does work, but what I want is that the message comes up in a window, or doesn't that work at all?



Do you mean this kind of code?
Code: Select all
MsgBox(Null, "Hello", "Title", 0)
Yours,

(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
:: Full SETUP w. HELP 05th of December 2011 ::
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3.exe [full v3.4.10 installation pack]
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3bin.zip [minimal upgrade to v3.4.10]
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
User avatar
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator
 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Paris -- France

Re: Yo all, dnsm here

Unread postby Cpilot » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:47 pm

dnsm wrote:Yes I have download the latest :)
Well,

#Apptype Console
Print "Hello"
Pause

This does work, but what I want is that the message comes up in a window, or doesn't that work at all?

Depends on where you want to put it in the window.
User avatar
Cpilot
FBSL geek
FBSL geek
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:12 pm

Re: Yo all, dnsm here

Unread postby dnsm » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Gerome wrote:
dnsm wrote:Yes I have download the latest :)
Well,

#Apptype Console
Print "Hello"
Pause

This does work, but what I want is that the message comes up in a window, or doesn't that work at all?



Do you mean this kind of code?
Code: Select all
MsgBox(Null, "Hello", "Title", 0)


Yes, thats what I have been looking for! :)

Anyways, can you tell me what the specialties are with this language? What programs can be made, and finally;
What do you use FBSL for? :P

I'm sorry for all these questions but I'm just curious. And if this turns out to be a good language
I can tell my buddies at a forum where we code and stuff to try FBSL out :D

Regards,

~ dnsm
dnsm
FBSL tiny seed
FBSL tiny seed
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Re: Yo all, dnsm here

Unread postby Cpilot » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:53 pm

dnsm wrote:
Gerome wrote:
dnsm wrote:Yes I have download the latest :)
Well,

#Apptype Console
Print "Hello"
Pause

This does work, but what I want is that the message comes up in a window, or doesn't that work at all?



Do you mean this kind of code?
Code: Select all
MsgBox(Null, "Hello", "Title", 0)


Yes, thats what I have been looking for! :)

Anyways, can you tell me what the specialties are with this language? What programs can be made, and finally;
What do you use FBSL for? :P

I'm sorry for all these questions but I'm just curious. And if this turns out to be a good language
I can tell my buddies at a forum where we code and stuff to try FBSL out :D

Regards,

~ dnsm

Actually once you learn it there really isn't much you can't do.
Look around the forum and see what's been made.
User avatar
Cpilot
FBSL geek
FBSL geek
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:12 pm

Re: Yo all, dnsm here

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:36 am

Cpilot wrote:Actually once you learn it there really isn't much you can't do.


Oh my, I really LOVE that oblique English way of putting things! :lol:

Rick please note that, for a non-native English speaker, it's oh so easy to miss just one 'not' in this lovely sentence to get it all wrong and the other way round! :D Just imagine DNSM telling his buddies 'those blockheads just don't know what to do with their toys -- there ain't much you can do with'em anyways, I hear...' :mrgreen:
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
User avatar
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:22 am
Location: Republic of Belarus

Re: Yo all, dnsm here

Unread postby Cpilot » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:42 am

Mike Lobanovsky wrote:
Cpilot wrote:Actually once you learn it there really isn't much you can't do.


Oh my, I really LOVE that oblique English way of putting things! :lol:

Rick please note that, for a non-native English speaker, it's oh so easy to miss just one 'not' in this lovely sentence to get it all wrong and the other way round! :D Just imagine DNSM telling his buddies 'those blockheads just don't know what to do with their toys -- there ain't much you can do with'em anyways, I hear...' :mrgreen:

Sorry, I live in the deep south so the opportunity to converse with non-native English speakers is pretty low.
I'll be careful with my contractions from now on. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Cpilot
FBSL geek
FBSL geek
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:12 pm


Return to Who Are You?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron