Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.

(Self-Presentation Section)

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.

Unread postby GSAC3000 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:38 am

HELLO !
I have been programming in FORTRAN since 1961. As a Civil Engineer, FORTRAN has been (and pretty much still is) my first choice for engineering and scientific work. I did a little programming in BASIC when it was first “invented”, but found that at least in its early stages, it just did not meet my needs. However, in 2001, while trolling the internet, I discovered BCX and got hooked. Since then I have been using BCX and several other BASIC “dialects”, e.g. XBLITE, THINBASIC, SCRIPTBASIC, FNXBASIC, etc. I tried FBSL when Gerome first developed it, but just couldn’t quite get the hang of it. Now, with a little bit more BASIC programming experience under my belt, I thought I would give it another try. I am particularly interested in FBSL’s ability to produce compact, standalone compiled EXE files.

Don
GSAC3000
FBSL tiny seed
FBSL tiny seed

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:47 am

Hi Don,

Welcome to FBSL! And my apologies for declining your initial registration application incidentally together with a bunch of spambot rergistrations we're experiencing every day. :)

I'm not sure if you had been able to get a usable set of FBSL installation packages before the download links went flagged as malicious by Google. Gerome is currently working to resolve this false alarm problem. If not then please let me know in this thread and I'll concoct a zip for you to get your copy of FBSL up and running in the meantime.
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Don et al.,

Gerome seems to have fixed up the false malware alarm issue with FBSL v3.4.10 downloads. You can now safely use the links in his signature to install it on your computers and then proceed as instructed in this message and its follow-ups to upgrade your installation to the latest FBSL v3.5 RC2.

Thanks for taking interest in Freestyle BASIC Script Language!
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Return to Who Are You?