Matrix Screen Saver

(More or Less Complete Projects)

Matrix Screen Saver

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Dear FBSL users and guests,

My present for the coming Christmas of 2014 is a genuine animated Matrix-like multi-monitor screen saver written in FBSL v3.5. You can compile the attached sources into an executable, rename its extension to .scr and enjoy it as any other screen saver in your system. You can also run the sources uncompiled, in which case you will have to change the chOption value in Sub Main() manually to select a desired mode of operation.

In a separate attachment, please find the precompiled version of the project that has all its resources embedded in the executable and therefore doesn't need any other files to run. This attachment targets our guests who don't have FBSL v3.5 installed yet.

In any case, the first thing you're supposed to do when launching the screen saver for the first time is run its Configure dialog, adjust its options to your liking, and save them by clicking OK. The screen saver stores its settings in the Windows registry. You can then run the precompiled screen saver in its Test mode or Install it permanently as you normally would.

The screen saver runs on any Windows platform from XP to 10.

MSS.png
MSS.png (235.05 KiB) Viewed 763 times

Merry Christmas to you all!

:noel:

Matrix SS.zip
Source script with artwork
(32.57 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

MSS_Precomp.zip
Precompiled standalone executable
(283.73 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Re: Matrix Screen Saver

Unread postby Gerome » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:21 am

Hello Mike,

VERY VERY VERY well done my friend!!!
This is the most powerful gift I ever seen :) :)
Many thanks :)
Yours,

(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
:: Full SETUP w. HELP 05th of December 2011 ::
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3.exe [full v3.4.10 installation pack]
http://www.fbsl.net/setup/FBSLv3bin.zip [minimal upgrade to v3.4.10]
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. / Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.(M.Proust)
The success is a defeat for the one who does not want to dance any more! (H.F. Thiefaine)
Gerome
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Return to FBSL v3 Software