GUI tutorial part II

(Official Documentation Updates)

GUI tutorial part II

Unread postby bugmagnet » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:03 am

Mike

In my copy of FBSLv3.CHM the 'GUI tutorial part II' has lost its formatting and is one long wrapped line of text. Please can you forward me or otherwise make available that information in a readable form?

TIA.

Bruce/bugmagnet.
bugmagnet
FBSL geek
FBSL geek

Re: GUI tutorial part II

Unread postby bugmagnet » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:13 am

Actually, make that all of the GUI tutorials.
bugmagnet
FBSL geek
FBSL geek

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Hello Bruce,

I haven't got that one in my annals. Not sure but perhaps Gerome still has it somewhere though more likely not. It used to be on the old FBSL site but due to continuing server failures much data was lost, links got broken and were removed from the forum altogether after migration. It was written by Danny Jackson who is long gone from our ranks...

In the meantime, here's a very nice tutorial translated from Bertrand Carette's French original to English by David Harrison a.k.a. Entech with GUI info in it. Please note there are 2 downloads in that thread! Merge them into a common FbslTutorial folder (let the second download overwrite the older files) and use HTMLBROWSER.exe to study it.

Alternatively, I think you can still read it as a .PDF from Gerome's old site though for me, it loads very very badly from there.

Please note however that all these tutorials pertain to v3.4.10 and are long outdated and the RegExp tutorials are totally misleading and unusable. All these need to be completely re-written that's why v3.5 Final takes so long to prepare for my poor lonesome self. :)
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Unread postby bugmagnet » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:43 am

This all came about because I was wanting to throw together a GUI to wrap some Peloton, JScript and Batch files.

Thanks for what you've found. I'll see what, if anything, can be made of them.

Kind regards,
Bruce.
bugmagnet
FBSL geek
FBSL geek

Return to FBSL v3 Documentation