Missing code syntax info i FBSL help file

(Requests for Help with User Code)

Missing code syntax info i FBSL help file

Unread postby GSAC3000 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Mike:

Is there a PDF version of the FBSL user documentation available?

Also, I noticed that most, nearly all, of the user documentation in the FBSL help file on the math functions syntax is blank or missing. Is this syntax info available somewhere else?

Don
GSAC3000
FBSL tiny seed
FBSL tiny seed

Re: Missing code syntax info i FBSL help file

Unread postby Mike Lobanovsky » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:29 am

No Don, there isn't a PDF version of FBSL help and it is very unlikely to ever appear. There is however a new CHM version in the making that will reflect modern v3.5 syntax and will also support context sensitivity in the Eclecta editor. But it is far from completion as of yet.

The existing FBSL help file is effectively a snapshot of long-abandoned FBSL Wiki, is dramatically out of date, incomplete, full of inaccuracies, and is full of broken Frenglish. It however has a lot of sample code snippets that may or may not work when converted to FBSL v3.5 as described in the PDF that accompanies the RC2 installation.

In the meantime, please post here a list of math functions you'd like to utilize in your work and I will provide you with tips on their usage.

I wish there were anyone here at least half as capable and dedicated as Mr R.Wishlaw of BCX BASIC has always been and still continues to be. :)
Mike
"Я старый солдат, мадам, и не знаю слов любви."
"I am an old soldier, ma'am, and I don't know the words of love."
"Je suis un vieux soldat, madame, et je ne connais pas les mots d'amour."
"Ich bin ein alter Soldat, gnädige Frau, und ich weiß nicht die Worte der Liebe."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(3.2GHz i5 Core Quad, 8GB RAM / 2 x nVidia GTX 550Ti SLI-bridged, 2GB VRAM)
(x86 Win XP Pro Russian Sp3/x86 Win Vista Ultimate Sp2/x64 Win 7 Ultimate Sp1/Wine in x64 elementaryOS Luna)
Mike Lobanovsky
FBSL Administrator
FBSL Administrator

Return to Help!